home loan hdfc login Learn how to easily manage your HDFC home loan account online. Step-by-step login process, account features, online payment, application status tracking, and more.
Introduction to HDFC Home Loans
HDFC Bank is one of the leading providers of home loans in India. An HDFC home loan helps you buy, build, extend or renovate your dream home. HDFC offers highly competitive interest rates and flexible repayment options on its home loans.
As an HDFC home loan customer, you can manage your loan account easily online through the HDFC home loan login portal. This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how to login to your HDFC home loan account online and access its features.
Benefits of an HDFC Home Loan
Some key benefits of availing a home loan from HDFC Bank include:
- Competitive interest rates starting from 6.75%
- Higher loan eligibility of up to Rs. 5 crores
- Minimal processing fees
- Flexible repayment tenure of up to 30 years
- Nil prepayment and foreclosure charges
- Instant online approval through an easy documentation process
- Special rates for women borrowers
- Income tax benefits on interest and principal repayments
Eligibility Criteria for HDFC Home Loan
To be eligible for an HDFC home loan, the basic criteria are:
- Minimum age of 21 years at the time of applying for the loan
- Maximum age of up to 70 years at loan maturity
- Salaried individuals, self-employed professionals and businessmen can apply
- Minimum Net Monthly Income should be Rs. 25,000 for loans in metros and Rs. 20,000 in other cities
- Good CIBIL score and credit history
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience
How to Apply for an HDFC Home Loan
You can apply for an HDFC home loan through multiple channels:
- Online application – Visit HDFC website and fill the home loan application form online
- Contact HDFC branch – Meet HDFC relationship manager at your nearest branch
- Contact authorized HDFC agent – HDFC agents can assist you with the application process
Documents required for HDFC home loan application include KYC documents, income proof, bank statements, property documents etc.
HDFC Home Loan Login Process
As an HDFC home loan customer, you can manage your account easily online by logging in through these simple steps:
- Go to HDFC Bank website or directly visit www.hdfc.com/myaccounts
- Click on “Login” button
- Enter your Customer ID and IPIN (password)
- Enter the OTP sent to your registered mobile number
- You will now be logged in to your HDFC account
Features of HDFC Home Loan Login
Through the HDFC home loan login, you can:
- Check the current home loan account summary
- View loan details like total amount, interest rate, tenure etc.
- Check the loan repayment schedule
- Prepay loan or make part payment
- Generate account statements
- Access tax certificates online
- Check the loan foreclosure amount
- Apply for a top-up loan
- Manage auto-debit instructions
- Raise service requests and complaints
How to Make Payment for Your HDFC Home Loan
There are multiple ways to pay your HDFC home loan EMI:
- Set up auto-debit from your HDFC account so EMI gets deducted automatically every month
- Pay online via NetBanking, Debit/Credit Card on the HDFC website
- Pay at the nearest HDFC branch in cash, cheque, or DD
- Set up ECS mandate for auto-debit from another bank account
- Pay through UPI apps like HDFC PayZapp, PhonePe, Google Pay etc.
- Drop a cheque in HDFC SmartPay machines available across cities
How to Prepay Your HDFC Home Loan
You can prepay part or full loan anytime to reduce interest costs:
- To prepay, first login to your home loan account
- Under the ‘Account Summary’ section, click on the ‘Prepay’ option
- Enter the prepaid amount and date
- Click on ‘Request’ to confirm prepayment
- The amount will get adjusted against your principal’s outstanding
There are no prepayment or foreclosure charges on HDFC home loans.
How to Track HDFC Home Loan Application Status
If you have applied for an HDFC home loan, you can track its status online by:
- Go to the HDFC Bank website and click on ‘Track Application Status
- Select Loan Account Type as Home Loan
- Enter your reference number or registered mobile number
- Click on search to view the latest status of your home loan application
The status can be – documented as pending, under processing, approved, etc. based on stages completed.
Documents Required for HDFC Home Loan
Key documents required for HDFC home loan application are:
- Duly filled loan application form
- Identity proof (Aadhaar, PAN, Passport etc.)
- Address proof (Aadhaar, Passport, Voter ID, Utility bills etc.)
- Last 6 months’ salary slips and bank statements
- Form 16 and ITRs for the last 2 years
- Proof of business/employment
- Property documents like sale/purchase agreements, approvals etc.
HDFC Home Loan Customer Care
If you need any assistance related to your HDFC home loan account, you can contact HDFC Bank through:
- Customer Care Numbers: Call 30302424 (metros), 1800-227-227 (rest of India)
- Email: write to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the nearest HDFC branch
- Log in to your account and raise a complaint online
The toll-free number works 24×7. You can also visit www.hdfcbank.com for more details.
FAQs on HDFC Home Loan
Q1. How to increase my home loan eligibility in HDFC?
You can increase your loan eligibility by opting for co-applicant, providing higher income proof, maintaining a good credit score etc.
Q2. What is the maximum loan amount I can get from an HDFC home loan?
HDFC offers home loans of up to Rs. 5 crores for eligible salaried and self-employed individuals.
Q3. What is the HDFC home loan interest rate today?
Currently, HDFC offers home loans starting from a minimum interest rate of 8.75% per annum.
Q4. Is it mandatory to buy property insurance when taking an HDFC home loan?
Yes, an HDFC home loan requires you to purchase property insurance to cover the risk of damage. The property should be insured for the entire loan tenure.
Q5. How can I get a loan statement for my HDFC home loan account?
Simply login to your HDFC home loan account and under the ‘Account Summary’ section, click on ‘Get Statement’ to download or email your loan statement.